Babies are constantly moving their bodies, trying to get familiar with it. If you want to keep him preoccupied with movements in a safe way, baby jumpers are a great option. This baby gear allows babies to develop leg muscles, while being seated on a removable platform attached to elastic straps. Since the straps support the seat and baby, he can push off the ground using his toes and initiate bouncing. It is a great tool to burn the excess energy and allows your baby to sleep well at night.
If your baby can support his head without help, then he is okay with using a baby jumper. His weight limit should be considered too, since manufacturers put minimum and maximum weight restrictions to their baby jumpers. Baby jumpers are different from baby swingers and baby bouncers.
Types of Baby Jumpers Available
This type features a frame, a seat and an elastic cord. The basic construction does not provide any entertainment, but if you just need something to help your baby bounce and burn excess energy, this option is great.
Stationary Activity Jumper
This type stays in one place as well, but you can expect more than just regular bouncing. It features a frame, elastic cord, seat and a variety of toys around the baby to play with. This is a great option if your baby gets bored from bouncing easily.
As implied by the name, this type is suspended on doorways. It consists of an elastic bungee-like cord and suspended seat. There won’t be a frame, because the doorway serves as its support.
What to Prioritize in Choosing a baby jumper?
Seats can differ from jumper to jumper. However, to get the best one, it should have these features:
- With comfortable, padded lining
- Has height adjustment to accommodate growth
Each model has a recommended weight limit. It is best to take a look at this, so you won’t buy something that could not accommodate your baby. If you still use the jumper despite not adhering to weight limit instruction, there is a chance that the product will break and injure your child.
Adjustable baby jumpers would work for every growing child. It accommodates their growth, so you won’t need to replace the jumper often.
Suspenders should be sturdy, yet elastic to accommodate safe bouncing. Avoid those with single elastic straps because it would result to left and right swinging that can cause injuries. There should be two straps for the baby to be supported well.
There are jumpers with a variety of toys for entertainment. Some have lights, while others have sounds. You might want to choose those with variety, since babies can get bored from bouncing in just a few minutes. Make sure they do not lose interest and start demanding your attention.
If you won’t be using baby jumpers all the time, choose one that can easily be disassembled for better storage. It would save you space, but it might take time to assemble it again for use.
The Best Stationary Baby Jumpers
Best Activity Baby Jumper
Fisher-Price Baby Activity Jumper
Style: As pictured
- Provides asy storage
- Features height adjustments
- Has a rotation seat
- With lights, music and sounds
- Sturdy steel frame
- Can accommodate growing legs, but not recommended for short babies
- Hanging toys
Best Baby Jumper With Pad
Evenflo Activity Jumper with Pad
Style:Many different themes available
- Up to 58 activities
- Has a removable and washable seat pad
- Features a bounce pad
- Adjustable height to accommodate the baby’s growing legs
- 4 styles available (bee, beach, jungle and zoo)
- The seat is too stiff to be turned by the baby on his own
- Removable toys
Best Stationary Jumper
Jolly Jumper Stationary Baby Jumper
Brand: Jolly Jumper
- Has a firm back support
- Easy to assemble
- Features a sturdy frame construction
- Non-slip feet
- Basic design
- Difficult to remove the baby from the jumper seat
The best door baby jumpers
Most popular doorway baby jumper
Graco Doorway Baby Jumper
Style: As pictured
- Easy entry and exit
- Made in USA
- Has adjustable height
- Seat is removable and washable
- Built-in toy tray
- Hidden safety cord and non-twist straps
- Mark-free door clamp
Best themed doorway baby jumper
Little Tikes Cozy Coupe
Style: As pictured
Brand: Little Tikes
- Has a fun car design
- With car sounds
- Easy to clean
- Height adjustments
- Removable dashboard and steering wheel
Evenflo Cheap Baby Door Jumper
Style: Many different styles
- Features a framed seat
- With adjustable height
- Easily installed
- Sturdy design
- One of the cheapest options
- Up to 7 color and material options available
- Encloses the baby in a snug fit
Safety Issues about Baby Jumpers
- The floor where the jumper is located should be flat and free from pointy or sharp objects
- Never use a jumper near hazardous areas, like pools and stairs.
- When you move the jumper to another location, make sure to remove the baby first
- When the baby exceeds the height and weight limit, stop using the jumper or replace it
- When the jumper is being used, never leave the baby unattended
- Toys with strings can increase the risks of strangulation, so it is best to keep them away from the baby